Wednesday 5 September 2012

Lyötiin mustaa kepillä

Wednesday, September 5, 3:33AM, tour bus bunk.

Been either too tired or lazy to write anything during the day so I'll use the night for that instead. Let's see how long I can stay awake. First, let's go back to Lawrence, Kansas. The venue, Granada Theatre, was better than I expected. Big stage and a shower! Didn't have to build our own. The day was hot again. Like really hot. Matson had gone out with whoever and found a record store. Marko and myself go out to visit that too. We ended up walking a few extra miles and still didn't find it. We return to the bus, sweaty as hell, to ask better directions and it turns out that we indeed had passed the shop TWICE and still hadn't seen that. Well, we found it eventually. Got myself couple of old Lynyrd Skynyrd compilation albums. Nothing spectacular, but still nice.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from the show. I mean the attendance. However, it turned out to be a good one after all. Even in Lawrence, Kansas there are people who are willing to pay to see us. Nice. However, there also was the stupidest woman/girl ever attending. Standing in the front row and filming 2/3 of the show with iPad. Seriously. I mean. Seriously.

After the show we were sort of trying to find a place to have a drink. Some did, I didn't. Well, I did, but not in a bar. Luckily we have a good stock of beer on the bus and always nice people around.

Well,  I can't really stay up now.

Back. 11:30. Somewhere in Montana. Internet doesn't work. What a surprise.

Yesterday we were at Marquis Theater, Denver, Colorado. That was a nice venue even though the stage was too small and low. Right across the street there was a bar/pool hall that had a 24h happy hour. So of course I ended up drinking cider and shooting 9-ball with Ville for several hours. I won $9. Whoohoo! Doubled my tour budget!

I did manage to do a couple of interviews too though and even went to Cheesecake Factory with Melanie when she had a break from her work. I am a big cheesecake enthusiast but for some reason I've never been to one. It's good that I went now. Their cheesecakes are almost as good as those I make... And definitely just as filling. I ate one slice and was done for the day.

Our set was a decent one. Audience was crazy. Especially some chicks screaming the whole time. But I am of course so used to THAT. Because of the new regulations on the allowed frequencies I was forced to change my old reliable Shure wirelesses. So far the Line6s have been nothing but trouble. Cutting like hell. There's been probably a handful of shows when they've been ok. Yesterday finally after changing bass and transmitter I had to finally switch to cable. And Kalle had to do the same a bit later. Well done Line6! There were also all kinds of other problems through the entire show. Nothing huge, but annoying nonetheless.

Afterparty was at the same bar we were earlier and it was like earlier, cider and pool. Bus call was at 2 and surprisingly we actually had everyone on the bus at 2. Or close at least. I had a couple of beers, went to bed and now you're up to date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must have gone to Love Garden in Lawrence! With a squid on the door. After the show some friends and I showed quite a few of you (as in band members) to my favorite local bar, the Replay - it's kind of a dirty punk rock hole but they have a decent beer and liquor selection. Glad you enjoyed the Granada! Believe it or not we LOVE folk metal in Kansas, so we can't wait for you to come back! Cheers!!