Saturday 16 May 2009

Boobs and cowboy hats

8.15 in the bus in Weed, CA. Yep, Weed, high on the Californian mountains. They even sell shirts with a mountain and a text "I'm high on Weed, California".

I stayed up relatively late last night, was a bit drunk as well and I still woke up exactly at 7.29. What the hell is wrong with me? Ok, it's a good thing to be up at these hours since we're still on our way from Portland, WA to San Francisco, CA and the scenery is just amazing. Justin from Swashbuckle is also up. Nice guy, doesn't talk much though.

Yesterday was a really nice day. Apparently that area of Portland was called Hawthorne that is known for it's hippie communes and weed consumption. It was reall nice neighbourhood. I wouldn't mind living there. The venue was on Hawthorne Bldv and you found basically everything you needed from the same street. We for example found the best record shop of the tour. Ok, the place was mess but the enormous selection of old vinyl and really cheap prices made up for it. I've basically decided that I won't buy 12" vinyl from the tours since they are really difficult to get home safe. Yesterday I had to make an exception since they had Jethro Tull's "Living In The Past" 2LP from 1972 with the hard book-like covers, inserts and everything in near mint condition and they only asked $8 for it! That's like 5€! Nothing. And I also got the Skynyrd's "Street Survivors" from 1977 with the original cover art where the guys are in flames. You all of course know that quickly after it's release it was drawn back from the stores since a few members of the band died in a plane crash and apparently burned. That was $8 as well. A bargain.

Now I am alone again, Justin went back to bed. I am sitting in a tour bus through sunny California and listening to Skynyrd's live album "One More From The Road" wearing a cowboy hat. Now I am going to go and see if there's any cold beer in the fridge. C'mon, you're all jealous!

Yes, there was. Yeehaa! I'll be back soon.

So, the first beer of the day is gone. I wrote a few days ago about the privileged position we're in. This moment right now right here is just so unbelievably beautiful that I can't even describe the feeling. Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Gimme Three Steps", sunshine, Californian mountains, ice cold beer.

Back to the business. Yesterday was a good show. For some reason the audience ignored Swashbuckle entirely and entered the venue just before Blackguard. Maybe they just wanted to spend more time outside and since the venue had this "No return" -policy Swashbuckle had to suffer. We on the other hand had a full house so we can't complain. Except that my shower was again bottled water at the backyard. You know the policy already: the venue was really nice with good bar with good cider and everything, but they had no decent backstage or showers, so it was a shithole.

Last night I also did what I was asked. I asked politely this girl if I can take pictures of her boobs for my girlfriend at home and she was up to it immediately! So I now have nice pictures of her pierced twins as well. Why the fuck didn't I start this earlier?

1 comment:

Maarten said...

Hi Jarkko,

I just made an account to thank you for writing these awesome blogs, I really enjoy reading them every day!

I hope you will continue writing them :).

I will see you guys again on the 20th of September in Antwerp :).

Maarten