Wednesday 6 May 2009

Idiots

10.00 in the bus. Just visited Wal-Mart. I was going to get some vodka because last time I went to Wal-mart they had that but once I was inside I realized that it was in Mexico. No vodka, but they had Strongbow.

No showers yesterday after all. The hotel didn't allow us to use a room just as a shower. Well, they did allow that for five persons per room but that felt too expensive. So after the show I dived in a tub. The venue had a huge old metallic bath tub at the backstage full of ice and beer. of course at that point it was only ice and water. And I took a bath in that.

Back to the show. It was shit. The crew, ours or the local, don't know which one, did a shit job. Linecheck before the show was complete except for the bass, since they couldn't get any sound out of it. I finally ended up walking to the stage myself. I turned the master volume knob from 0 to 5 and there was sound. Idiots. Once we finally start all we can hear on stage is Jonne's guitar so loud that it was hurting my ears. Once we get to chorus we also realize that Cane's vocals are on Juho's monitor and vice versa. And of course so loud that it hurts. On Matson's monitor there's nothing. Except Jonne's guitar painfully loud. We got through the first two songs but then just stopped the show for a moment and started fixing it up. It got better, still not good but less bad. We continued the show but I couldn't really hear the drums so I walked to the monitor desk and asked if I can get some snare in front. The idiot started with "Yeah, but then..." and I just walked away. Idiot. That was actually our tour manager. The one who is always calling others idiots. I was sure that he would come up with an explanation or an excuse for all that. Only about a minute after we got back to the backstage he walks in and turns to me. Before he says anything I told him that "If you are going to explain your way out of that shit, I don't want to hear that." So he says nothing and just walks out again. Idiot.

Now to Covington, KY.

No comments: