Sunday 3 May 2009

Cold showers

Sunday at 9.00 in a bus on the road to somewhere. Yesterday I thought that the show in New York was on Sunday but then learned that it's on Monday so now I don't know where were going today. Somewhere in Virginia I guess.

Yesterday we were in Allentown, PA, a bit of a depressing place I'd say with all the rehab centers, homeless shelters and pawn shops. The venue was the worst so far on the tour but still it wasn't even near the worst we've ever been to. It even had a shower. The water was cold though. We played probably our best set so far even though the sound on the stage was horrible. The stuff coming out from Juho's wedge was so loud it was hurting my ears. I thought it was mostly his background vocals I asked that down. It didn't help. Then I asked the accordion down several times with no audible change. The venue's monitor guy wasn't even behind his most of the time so I was talking to the tour's stage technician Dave the whole time. He then walked to the monitor desk got the local guy do something. Finally around like fourth or fifth song he came back to me and told that the local guy was an idiot. He had mixed all the connections entirely and all the monitors were just one group. This meant that he basically had a nice mixing console with all the buttons and sliders but he could only use one: master volume. If he put accordion down from Juho he also put vocals down from Jonne. "Everything louder than everything else."

We spent most of the day just hanging around the venue. The venue was connected to pizzeria that had the same owner. At one point he came to us and asked to pose for his pizzeria so Jonne, Matson and myself ended up posing with pizza slices and funny faces. Great. Not.

And now I tried to post this but the internet connection in the bus seems to be broken. Later then. Oh, it works now.

No comments: