Thursday 14 May 2009

Flat Calgarians

10.00 in the bus in the middle of nowhere. I can only hope that all touring musicians realize how privileged they really are. For myself there has been a few key moments when I realized that. One of them was a beautiful extremely hot morning when I woke up in the bus on the road from Czech to Italy. We were driving through Brenner Pass and I'd never seen anything as beautiful. I just sat in the upper front lounge and enjoyed the scenery. Today I woke up at 8.25 in the middle of massive Canadian mountain range. Since that I've just been admiring the scenery and thinking how extremely lucky we are.

Even without all the traveling experiences we still would be extremely lucky if the shows were always like yesterday in Calgary. The place was almost full, probably around 800, the same as last time, but this time they knew us better. It was definitely the tour's best concert so far. We were good and the audience was just crazy. We can only hope that the next time we come to the North America the places we've now been for the first time will all be like our second time in Calgary. Unbelievable.

There was a lot of stagediving last night. I think Mike from Swashbuckle started it. He asked from the security guy why they are marking the hands of crowdsurfers and he explained that it's allowed twice but once you get marked the third time they'll throw you out. Mike asked him what they're gonna do to him since he's from one of the bands and the security answered "Nothing. Do whatever you want." And he did. He dived a few times from the stage, Ville from Moonsorrow dived a couple of times but the funniest and at the same time scariest diver was Pat from Swashbuckle since the man must be at least 150kg. Swashbuckle guys were still in their pirate suits as well. I'm sure that there are now a few badly hurt teenagers in Calgary who have no idea what hit them.

No comments: