Friday 15 May 2009

Sleepless in Seattle

7.30 in Portland, OR. Why the hell can't I sleep on this tour? Why am I once again up at 7 in the morning? Why is my sleeping average something like 5 hours a night?

Yesterday we were in Seattle, WA at the venue called Studio Seven. Many of us called it a shithole, but since it had a shower AND warm water I think it was a nice venue. Although there was also a mouse. I guess it was more scared of us though. Well, except maybe Juho was more scared of the mouse. As I wrote earlier the venue was really far away from the city centre but Matson and myself walked there and back anyway. That was like 11-12 kilometres all together. I actually did two phone interviews to Belgium while we were walking. The city centre was basically nice. It was a bit different than many others since it was not so flat. We went to the local market area as well (terrible fish smell, which I hate, by the way) but couldn't really find anything that interesting. Except when we were walking back along the 1st Avenue and saw that all the strip clubs are there. So we knew exactly where to go after the show.

The show itself was a really good one. We played well, stage sound was at least decent and the audience was really good. Really good movement and once again surprising sing-alongs. We really had no idea what to expect from this tour and to our big surprise in every city we've met people who know the songs by heart, sing along and after the show come to tell us how they had been waiting this to happen for 6 years and had already lost their hope of ever seeing us live. Heartwarming.

After the show we drank a few beers in the bar. I got quite easily people convinced that we really should take a cab to the strip joint but then came the strip joint expert Nick the Merchandiser and told us that in Washington it's forbidden to sell alcohol at the strip joints but you can always buy a can of Coke for 5 bucks. We didn't go. Alcohol 1, boobs 0.

Today, Portland, Oregon. The venue is again in the middle of nowhere. Well, not really nowhere, just really far from the city. This one doesn't have showers or even a backstage, so it's a shithole, but I'll still give it a few extra points since it's called Hawthorne Theatre. Yep, theatRE.

Today I will try to get more pictures of boobs. Lady at home liked the previous pair so much that she wants to get more. And who am I to argue. I like a good pair of knockers as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Jarkko!! I'm not sure if you remember me, but we met the night you played in Seattle. I was the red head with the braids and chains. We had a drink together after the show. Anyway, was trying to find a way to reach you and was directed to your blog. Thought maybe we could keep in touch... send me a message if you'd like to.
Here's my myspace link:
www.myspace.com/shell7664
I was added to the band's myspace friend list as well. Hope to hear from you!! :)

Shell