Saturday 2 May 2009

Vegetarian adventures

Friday afternoon in Worcester, MA. How the fuck it can be so difficult for some people to understand the meaning of the word vegetarian? We went to eat Chinese. I ordered noodles with vegetables, which I thought would be vegetarian but the morons added rice to it and their rice comes with fucking pork. After I complained and explained that I am a vegetarian they promised me a new dish. After a few minutes they brought me chicken. I just went to Subway to get a foot long Veggie Delite.

Otherwise the tour's been really good. Venues have been really nice and today's Palladium is no exception. That will change though. Tomorrow will be the last venue with shower and next shower will be available next Thursday in Chicago. We've had brilliant audiences so far. Canadian crowds are really something. Let's see how it goes in the USA.

Yesterday there was actually a possibility of cancellation. The local promoter was refusing the full payment because Eluveitie was not with the tour. Everybody knew that months before the tour but I guess he had ignored the fact and just tried to save a few bucks. Anyway, the show started a bit later because of all that, but after all turned out to be a brilliant evening. I was totally sober by the way. Didn't have a single drink the whole day. However, after the show I started drinking vodka with Primordial's guitarist and then later continued that with Janne of Moosehollow. He was still trying to cope with the loss of his belowed guitar and needed someone to lean on. Yeah right. Like we need an excuse.

We crossed a border again in the middle of the night. No one of us could get Hittavainen out of the bed so actually the border control came in and dragged him out. Nice.

Today we even did a soundcheck. We don't really want to and if the tour had the same guy doing the monitors every night we would never do soundchecks. However, we are relying on the venues' own men or women and it is not so easy with them since they don't get to do a band with violin and accordion that often. Ok, now I have to post this while I still have some battery left.

1 comment:

Malitsu said...

A friendly lady gave me an address to a sweet shop that's located near Crocodile Rock:

Vegan Treats
1444 Linden St
Bethlehem, PA 18018
(610) 861-7660

She also recommended couple of vegan places in NYC:

Cake Shop
152 Ludlow Street
NY, NY 10002
212-253-0036
www.cake-shop.com

Viva Herbal Pizzeria
179 2nd Avenue NY, NY
917-519-5646

Curly’s Diner
14th Street between 1st and 2nd
NY, NY
212-598-9998