Saturday 2 May 2009

Irish Bathory

20.45. Just got back from the Irish pub. I've been sitting there with Alan from Primordial drinking cider and doing interviews. That was nice. Now I am sitting in the bus and waiting the next interviewer to arrive. The pub was better.

11.45 Saturday, in a bus about 15 kilometres from the venue in Allentown, PA. Yesterday was our first US show ever. It was good, really good. The audience wasn't as wild as they were in Canada but still very enjoyable.

We have played basically the same set every night. Only encores have varied a bit. Sometimes we've been doing "Erämään ärjyt" and sometimes "Palovana" and like yesterday, neither of them since we ran out of time.

Yesterday I watched Primordial with new eyes and ears. After speaking earlier with Alan about our influences and roots and where we generally come from I decided to give them another chance and I realized that they are actually an Irish version of Bathory!

No comments: